English - II
Attempt any Six question
2. How do you distinguish hard science fiction from Space Opera? Explain on the basis of texts you have read.
3. How does the writer present the picture of dystopia in the story 'Billenium'?
4. How do flaws appear in reasoning? Do they deceive the readers? How?
5. What skills of language use are discussed in 'two skills in the use of language’? Explain them in brief.
6. Using the method of rational decision making process that you have learned in this course,answer the question,’ Should female criminals who have children be exempted from imprisonment?
7. Define communication? What are some of the barriers of communication?
8. Think of a job that you really like. Then, write a job application for the post. :
Attempt any Two question
Write an essay on a tourist destination that you think is specially beautiful, historic or significant. In the essay, specifically mention the location, ways to reach there, and unique experience tourists are likely to experience upon the visit.
You work in the Public. Relation Department of Nepal Bank Ltd. Prepare a press release to announce the moving of your bank to new location.
Who do you think is superior- 'man' or 'machine’? Argue on the basis of Brian W. Aldiss' story "But Who Can Replace Man?".OR
How has William Gibson presented the dystopian elements of future crime, ambition, love, and loss in the story ‘Burning Chrome"? What does this story tell about human obsession with technology?