CMAT Entrance 2002
Direction : Question are based on the following paragraph. Please read the paragraph carefully and answer the following questions.
Behavior of man does not come out of vacuum. Behavior is the outcome of the operation of the internal and external factors at a given time. For an instance, a man in a work situation works to get his bread and goes on striking if he feels deprived of it. Thus, man's behavior is not meaningless. It is purpose oriented and goal oriented. Their persistence in activity and the tendency to complete an interrupted task are some of marks of the goal directed behavior. For an instance, in work organizations, a diligent worker would like to finish the work assigned to him. he would not rest till he completes it. This goal directed behavior is elaborated by saying the behavior is motivated. Motives are fundamentally of two types, innate (biogenic) and acquired(social); the later developing as a result a purpose of socialization.
1. Behavior of man comes out of
Operation of internal and external factor at a given period of time
2. Man's Behavior is not meaningless because
It is purpose oriented
It is self-oriented
It is system oriented
It is global oriented
3. A Man goes on strike because
He does not want to work
He feels he is deprived of his bread
He is interested on the salary
He needs rest from the work
4. Motives are generated from
External and internal factors of enviroments
Purpose and goal of the work
Biogenic and Social Causes
Intellgence and diligence of the worker
5. The behavior is said to be motivated if
The Worked is goal directed and does not rest until he completes his work
The worker assigns his work to his subordinates
The worker goes on the strike to fullfill his purpose
The worker interrupts the task assigned to him
Complete the following sentences correctly
6. It depends on ......... on time
them to come
7. I ........ from New York only yesterday
8. .......... his friends are tired.
them to come
9. As the bridge gave way the traffic was ........
10. He is in the habit of finding ............ everyone.
fault with the working
Direction: Select the synonyms for the following words
Direction: Select the best words or phrase which correctly fills the blanks
For successful education there must always be certain freshness in the knowledge ......16.... it must either be new in itself or it .must be invented with some...17....of application to the new world of new time. You may be dealing with the knowledge of the world species. With some old truth: but somehow or other it must come to the students as it were .....18..... of the sea with the freshness of its immediate importance. It is the research worker that keeps knowledge ......19...... and saves it from fossilization. He discovers things so far lying obscure and ....20.... fresh light on things already discovered. Thus the research worker is at the same time observer, a discoverer, and an inventor. These are the three activities that keep the intellect of a nation alive and progressive
just drawn out
drawn out just
drawn just out
out just drawn
Direction: Select the most suitable preposition in the following sentences:
21. This remark is not .......... your favor,
22. This item has been included ............ the agenda of the meeting.
23. Your team played a match ................. the young men’s.
24. Aspiration ............... the people have remained on spite of much progress through planning.
25. Newspaper is effective media..................public opinion democratic country.
Direction: Select the correct, answer choice
26. Five boys went to see the circus. Four of them had Rs.5 each and the fifth boy had Rs. 1 more than the entrance ticket price. If with the whole amount (which the 5 boys had) the boys were able to just buy the entrance ticket for all the 5, cost of the entrance ticket per person was:
27. The side of two squares is X:Y, the ratio of their perimeter is:
X/4 : Y/2
4X : Y
28. How many numbers of two digits can be formed out of the four digits p, q, r & s?
29. A, B, C did work together and earned Rs. 195. If the ratio . of work of A:B:C be as 4:6:3, the money obtained by C is:
30. A number ‘X’ when multiplied by 5 and added to three times its own number gives 64, the number ‘X’ is:
31. The area of a rectangle is 150 sq. m. Its one side is 15m. The height of the rectangle is:
32. Divide Rs.53 among A, B, and C so that A may receive Rs.7 more than B, and B may receive Rs.8 more than C.
Direction: Question no. 33 to 37 are based on the following table:
34. Which articles were sold least in a the week?
Both ring and watch
35. How many articles were sold in the week?
36. On which day most articles were sold?
37. On which day fewest articles were sold?
38. The system of equation 2x+ky+5=0 and x — 3y — 9 = 0 has unique solution, when
k ≠ 6
k = 6
k - 6
k = √6
39. 312 x (2 x)2 = 6 12 then x equal to
40. If one straight line meets another straight line. The sum of the two adjacent angles on one side of it is:
1 right angle
2 right angle
3 right angle
4 right angle
41. The current population of town is 10,000. If the population of the town is increasing at the rate of 10% every year, then the population of the town after three years wills he:
42. A bookseller purchased a book at Rs.20 and sold it at a profit of 15%. The selling price of the book in Rs. would be
43. A library has an average number of 510 visitors on Sunday and 240 visitors on other days. The average number of visitors per day in the amount of 30 days beginning with Sunday is:
44. A journalist traveled 1200km by air which formed 2/5 of his trip. The remaining part of his trip was one third of the whole trip by car and the rest by bus. The distance traveled by bus is:
45. If y is 25% less than x, then x is what percent more than y?
46. If a = 8, b = 6 and c = 4, find the value of (abc)5 ÷ (abc)4
47. A businessman mixes two varieties of tea in the ratio of 2:5 and sells the mixture at Rs. 40per kg. If the cost of two varieties respectively be Rs. 45 per kg and Rs. 31 per kg, what would be this profit percent?
48. The smallest number which when subtracted from the difference of the squares of 29 & 22 that gives a perfect square is
49. If a+b+c =0, find the value of (a + b) (b +c) (c+a)
50. An examination paper consists of 12 questions divided into parts A and B. Part A contains 7 questions and part B contains 5 questions. A candidate is required to attempt 8 questions selecting at least two from each part. In how many maximum ways can a candidate select the questions?
Direction: Select the logically best answer
51. Akbar was popular was secular so
All popular are secular
All secular are popular
Only secular are popular
52. He cannot understand because he does not concentrate
All who understand concentrate
All who concentrate understand
Some who understand do not concentrate
Some who do not concentrate do not understand
53. Drug addicts are hated because they are criminals
All who hated are drug addicts
All criminals are hated
All hated are criminals
Some criminals are hated
54. The poor are not happy because no poor has money
All happy have money
All who have money are happy
Some who have money are happy
Some who are happy have money
55. Birds can fly because they have wings
All having wings can fly
All which can fly have wings
Some which can fly have wings
Some which have wings can fly
Direction: Find the odd one out
Direction: Two words on the left side of the sign (::) bears same relationships. The same relationship exists between the third and the word provided in the answer choices, Select the logically best word.
61. Shout: whisper:: run?
62. Caste : Class:: appointed?
63. Faulty: useless :: slow?
64. Do: undo :: reason?
65. Cylinder: motor:: foundation?
Direction: Select the pair of words thatexpresses a relationship to the given pair of words.
66. Ring : engagement::?
67. Suggestion: order::?
68. Curve: accident::?
Dirt : disease
69. Shoe : leather:?
Match : fire
70. Launcher: missile::?
Gun : revolver
Engine : train
Each question is followed by four answer choices, Select the best answer.
76. Data originally collected by the investigator himself/ herself is called?
77. Which automobile company manufacture the 'Matiz' model of car?
78. To which product is the brand 'Mayos' Associated with?
79. In which desert is the Kalahari Desert located
80. Which country is largest producer of Aluminium
81. To which country does the NASDAQ stock Exchange index belong to?
82. Which country is the largest producer of cotton yarn?
83. The airline ‘Garuda’ belongs to which country?
84. “Let’s make things better” is the slogan of:
85. The brand name ‘CBZ’ is associated with:
86. G8 is the organization of:
Least developed countries
Industrially developed countries
Petroleum exporting countries
87. Which of the following is an export item of Nepal?
88. Everest Bank has been established in collaboration with:
Habib Bank of Pakistan
City Bank of Punjab
State Bank of India
Punjab National Bank
89. What is SAFTA?
A sports promotion organization in South Asia
A brand of detergent
An arrangement for promotion of liberalized trade policy
A kind of computer Software
90. Which of the following is not associated with foreign trade?
91. A person that contributes capital to a partnership but is not involved in its daily running is known as
92. A joint stock company is called an artificial person because
It does not have the shape of natural person
It cannot be sued in court of law
It exists only in contemplation of law
It is invisible and intangible
93. The internal affairs of a company are controlled by the:
Memorandum of association
Articles of association
94. The whole seller is an important link between
Manufacture and consumer
Manufacture and retailer
Retailer and consumer
Government and people
95. Adding the following function, commercial bank do not perform one of the following function, identify it
To issue bank draft
To issue currency notes
To issue LC
To issue credit cards
96. Saving is the :
Difference between current income and consumption
Sum of saving of different factors
Excess of expenditure over available income
Amount of reserved for future use
97. Black money is generated as and when people:
Do not pay for goods and services they use
Do and pay taxes on their income
Keep heavy foreign exchange accounts
Print their own currency note
98. A man insures his house fo Rs 60000 and pays the insurance company a yearly sum of Rs 500 this payment is
99. A Laissez Faire economy is found only under:
100. A period of low economic activity is known as: