CMAT Entrance 2010
Direction: Select the word which is closest to the meaning of bold word.
loss of speech
state of pleasant excitement
Direction: Complete the following sentences with the appropriate choice from among the options that follow.
6. The wound healed but the scar remained as painful of the accident.
7. The magician astonished the audience with the with which he performed his trick.
8. Those who seek from others must learn to forgive and forget.
9. The thieves tried to with the lock but they did not succeed in breaking it.
10. His ancestral home has been to build a high rise shopping complex.
Direction: Each question below consists of an idiom or a phrase, followed by four-lettered expressions. Choose the lettered expression that mast nearly expresses the meaning of the given idiom or phrase.
11. The Alpha and the Omega
All the relevant details
The beginning and the end
To cause misunderstanding
The best Swiss watches
12. To smell a rat
to look for rats
to be upset
to cause misunderstanding
to suspect trick or foul play
13. A writing on the wall
a distinct future possibility
a legal notice
14. To worship the rising sun
to become pious
to work honestly
to change the profession
to work for the welfare of people
15. To take one’s hand to plough
to do basic work
to work honestly
to change the profession
to do an unimportant job
Direction: The following paragraph has a number of blanks marked 16-20 followed by a set of options. Mark options that best complete the blanks.
Broadly speaking letters may be said to .....16... into two categories; the formal and the personal. Formal letters ....17.... of official; or business matters and are addressed to the employer or head of a department, section or institution. Letters to the ....18.... of a newspaper also belong to this class. In fact, all ..... 19.... using formal pattern is of this category. The ....20....has to be precisely stated.
Direction: The passage give below is followed by questions based on its contents. After reading the passage, choose the best answer to each question.
IVAN PAVLOV (1849-1936) the Russian psychologist who won the Noble Prize in 1904 showed how reflexes, animal reactions to stimuli, could be predictably fixed, conditioned, by associations. If, for example, a dog salivates, when it sees food and if bringing food is uniformly preceded by ringing of bell, soon the dog will begin to associate the bell with the coming food and will be conditioned to salivate at the sound of the bell. This discovery of conditioning by association has turned out to perhaps the most significant finding of psychology and is the direct base of the Gestalt and the behavioral branches of the field.
21. Pavlov showed that
Dogs salivate when the bell rings.
Reflexes can be associated
Reflexes can be conditioned
Animals can be trained to behave in a particular way
22. A reflex is
An animal reaction to a stimulus.
A stimulus resulting from a previous reaction.
Predictable reaction of animals.
An acquired response to a stimulus.
23. In the experiment explained above, the bell was rung
After the food was given.
Before the food was given
During the time the dog ate food
Before the dog started salivation.
24. Pavlov’s experiment with the dog would not have been possible
If the bell was not used.
If the dog did not salivate at the sight of food.
If the bell was not rung for along time.
If the bell was not rung uniformly.
25. Pavlov was a
26. The digits of a three- digit number add up to 18. If the ten’s digit is twice of the hundred’s digit and hundred’s digit is 1/3 of the unit digit, what is the number?
28. In given triangle, what is the lenght of triangle to the right?
28. In given triangle, what is the area of triangle?
29. Ifx>y>0, which of the following are true? x+ x x+1 x x+1.
I and III only
31. For all real numbers x and y, let x # y = (xy)2−x+y2 . What is the value of y that makes x # y equal to –x for all values of x?
32. If x and y are prime numbers, which of the followings can’t be difference of x and y?
33. If x and y are both prime and greater than 2, then which of the following cannot be a divisor of xy?
34. X is both a cube and square of an integer and x is between 2 and 200, what is the value of x?
35. Which of the following numbers is the greatest positive integers x such that 3x is a factor of 275
36. If 4% of (p+q) is 8 and p is positive integer, which is the greatest value of q?
37. If 2x+y = 3 and 3y = 9 — 6x, how many solution does the given system of equations have?
38. In travelling from city A and B, John drove for 1 hour at 50 mph. and for 3 hours at 60 mph., what was average speed of his trip?
39. The average six consecutive integers in increasing order size is 9.5, what is the average of the last three numbers?
40. If the product of two integers is odd, then sum of those two integers must be
a perfect square
41. If non-zero positive integers p and q are such that p=4q and p < 8, then q equals to
42. Suppose x=y-2 = (y+5)/2, then x equals
43. equals to .......
44. A jar contains 4 blue balls and 40 red balls. Which of the following is % of blue ball
45. Stella paid Rs.32000 for a computer after receiving 20% discount. What is the price of Computer before discount?
46. Seven workers can assemble a car in 8 hours, how long it would take 12 workers to assemble the same car?
Direction: In questions 47 to 50, you are required to choose the correct answer based on the given information.
Criminal Population in 0.1 million
Criminal Population in 0.2 million
47. What is the projected number of white collar criminals in 2010?
48. The ratio of number of robbers in 2000 to the number of projected robbers is
49. What is the approximate projected percent increase between 2000 and 2010 in the number of criminals in murder?
50. What is the net percentage increase in Assault in 2010?
Direction: Select logically best answers.
51. He is not liked because he drinks
All who are not liked are drinkers.
Some are not liked because they drink.
Some non-drinkers are not liked.
All drinkers not liked.
52. She does not do well in the exams because she does not study hard.
All who do not study hard do poorly in exams.
All who study hard do well in the exams.
Some always do not do well in the exams.
Some always perform poorly in the exams.
53. All rich are happy because they have money.
All those who are happy have money.
All who have money are happy.
Some rich are not happy.
Some who are poor are happy.
54. Ducks can swim because they have wings.
All having wings can swim.
Some which can swim have wing.
Which can swim have wings.
Some can swim may not have wings.
55. Football is a great game because many people like it.
All games are liked by people.
Football is liked by all people.
All games which are liked by people are great.
Football is liked by all.
Direction : Find the odd one Outs
Sister in law
Direction: Two words on the left side of the sign (::) bears same relationships. The same relationship exists between the third word and the word provided in the answer choices. Select the logically best word.
61. Whisper: shout:: walk:
62. Engine: motor:; Foundation
63. Undo: Do:: Ignorance:?
64. Heaven: Hell:: Flood: .
65. Hunger: Food:: Fatigue:?
Direction: Select the pair of wards that best expresses the relationship similar to the given pair of words.
66. Curve : Accident ::?
Vehicles : Accident
Dirt : disease
road : heavy traffic
67. Shoe : Leather::
Cotton : Clothes
68. Fur: Soft::?
Wood : Thick
Iron : Hard
69. Student Teacher::
Love : Baby
70. Religious : Atheist::?
Hard : Soft
Group : Single
Cold : Cool
Direction: In questions 71 to 75, you are required to choose from the four diagrams marked A. B. C. and D the one that illustrates the relationship among the three given classes better than any other.
71. Singapore, Hongkong, Macao
72. Tribhuvan University, Shanker Dev Campus, Nepal Commerce Campus
73. Asia, Afghanistan, Kabul
74. Father, Mother, Nurses
75. Kathmandu, Godavari, Gokarna
76. Who was awarded the Golden Boot in world cup 2010?
77. Which of the following country has the highest per capita income?
78. Which of the city is most expensive to live in?
79. Which country is considered as the poorest country in the world?
80. SPSS indicates
Statistical Package to Social Science
Short Package to Social Science
Strategic Package to Social Service
Straight Process of Social Service
81. Which temple in Kathmandu does not have pinacle?
82. “Nelson Mandela International Day” was recognized by the UN on
83. NBEX is a newly introduced brand of
84. The currency of UAE is
85. What is the pass percentage of SLC examination of 2066 BS?
86. Which of the following industry is considered as the biggest industry in the world?
87. Who own the prestigious CMO Asia Brand Builder of the Tear Award for developing suture-less catract surgery, a form of surgery that does not require stitching?
Dr. Sanduk Ruit
Dr. Ram Prasad Pokhrel
Dr. Deep Bdr Karki
Dr. Sashanka Koirala
88. Who is the ambassador of Nepal to UK?
Dr. Shanker Sharma
Rukma Shamser Rana
89. What is the projected inflation rate according to monetary policy announced by NepalRastra Bank for the fiscal year 2010-011?
90. Which of the following is the projected Gross Domestic Product (GDP), rate of monetary policy for 2010-11 announced by Nepal Rastra Bank?
91. Gautam Buddha International Peace Award is Nepal’s the biggest international award which carries a purse of
92. G-4 comprises of the following countries
India, Brazil, Germany and Japan
Brazil, India, Japan and Thailand
Brazil, Singapore, Japan and China
China, Philippines, Pakistan and Bangladesh
93. What is the capacity of the highly talked Upper Tamakoshi Hydro Project?
94. “Coblenger” is the brand name of
All Natural Premium Beer
Natural Beauty Cream for Men
Natural Beauty Cream for Women
95. “One Account: One Tree” is a campaign officially launched by
Bank of Kathmandu
96. On July 20, 2010 Tribhuvan University celebrated its anniversary. Which anniversary was that?
97. In which country the world cup 2014 is going to be held?
98. To which country the pop star Shakira who performed at the world cup kickoff concert in Johannesburg belongs to?
99. “Friendships begin with linking or gratitude- roots that can be pulled up”. Whose thought is this?
100. Who was awarded Nobel prize for economics in 2010
Oliver F. Williamsom
Elinor Ostron and Oliver F. Wlliamson
None of the above