CMAT Entrance 2015
Direction Select the word which is closest to the opposite meaning of the word
Direction : Select the proper preposition to fill in the blanks in the following questions
11. The first rank was shared ...... three students
12. He prefers coffee ..... tea
13. ...... Seeing the polic, the thief ran away
14. She has been staying in Kathmandu ........ 2 years
15. My friend presided ...... meeting yesterday evening
Directions: The following paragraph has number of blanks marked as 16,17,18,19,20 etc followed by a set of optons. Mark the options that best complete the blanks
Most people spend plenty of time and money buying toothpaste but buy the first toothpaste they can find. It ......16...... more attention than that, say dentists. the brush may be less glamorous partner in your dental kit, but it is more ..... 17 ..... one. It does something that the best toothpast .......18 ..... do alone; physically lift out food particles that hide between your teeth. A ..... 19 .... chosen brush could be responsible for tooth decay and bad breath. Brushed with hard bristle are wrong for everyone. Extra stuff may not be ..... 20 .... enough to reach between teeth and they abrade both gums and canals.
Direction the pasage given below is followed by questions based on its contents. After reading the passage, choose the best answer to each questions
Courage is-not only the basis of virtues, it is its expression. Faith, hope, charity and all the rest don't’ become virtue until it takes courage to exercise them. There are roughly two types of courage. The first an emotional state which urges a man risk injury or death, is physical courage. The second, more reasoning attitude which enables him to take coolly his career happiness, his whole. future or his judgment what he thinks either right or worthwhile, is moral courage. I have known many men, who had marked physical courage, but lacked , moral courage.. Some of them were in high places, but they failed to be great in themselves because they lacked moral courage. On the other hand, I have seen men who undoubiedly possessed moral courage but were very cautious about taking physical risks. But I have never met , a man with moral courage who couldn't face a situation boldly when it was really necessary.
21. A man of courage is
22. Physical courage is an expression of
23. A man with moral courage can
defy his enemies
overcome all difficulties
face a situation
be very pragmatic
24. People with physical courage often lack
capacity for reasoning
will to fight
25. A virtues become meaningful because of
Directions: Find the best answers for the questions given below:
26. A grocer has sale of Rs. 6435, Rs.6927, Rs. 6855, Rs. 7230 and Rs. 6562 for 5 consecutive months. How much sale must he have in the sixth month so that he gets an average sale of Rs. 6500?
27. A library has an average of 510 visitors on Sunday and 240 on other days. What is the average number of visitors per day in a month of 30 days beginning with a Sunday?
28. If the digits of the numbers 5 7 2 6 4 8 9 are arranged in ascending order, how many digits will remain at the same position?
29. if 6 is 24% of a number, which is 40% of the same number? ‘
30. A salary of an officer being increased by 10% every year becomes Rs. 48400 in the third year. What was his original salary?
31. 60 is 80% of which number?
32. What 10,000 is increased by 0.1% we get
33. The square root of 130321 is
34. Which of the following number is divisible by 12 but not by 8?
35. The average of x and y is 40. If z= 10, what is the average of x, y and z
36. In a mixture 60 litres, the ratio of milk and water 2:1. If this ratio is to be 1: 2, then the quantity of water to be further added is:
37. The smallest four digit number divisible by 6,8 and 16 is
38. If a sum of money is divided equally among n children, each child will receive Rs. 60 If another child is added to the group, then when the sum is divided equally among all children, each child will receive a Rs. 50 share. What is the sum of money?
39. Two numbers are respectively 20% and 50% more than a third number. The ratio of the two numbers is
40. If there are 5 routes for traveling two places A and B, how many option are there for a person to travel from A to B and return back?
41. If 5a = 3b = 25 then 30ab = ?
42. Arun obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics. What is his average mark?
43. 0.3x0.06 =
44. If 8x +4 = 32, then 2x - 1?
45. A man buys Rs. 20 shares paying 9% dividend. The man wants to have an interest of 12% on his money. What is the market value of each share?
Find the odds one out
46. 2,5, 10, 17, 26, 37, 50, 64
47. 10, 25, 45, 54,60,75,80
48. 3,5, 11, 14, 17, 21
49. 1, 4,9, 16,23, 25, 36
50. 23, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30
Logical Reasoning :
Directions: Select the pair of words which best express the relationship similar to that expressed in the pair in bold letters.
51. Platform : Train ::
Aeroplane : Aerodrome
Footpath : Traveller
52. Doctor : Lawyer ::
Client : liiness
Patient : Client
53. Chalk : Blackboard ::
Table : Chair
ink : Paper
54. Biratnagar : Morang ::
Kathmandu : Nepal
Butwai : Bhairahawa
Bharatpur : Ratnanagar
55. Rent: Land::
Wages : Bonus
Interest : Capital
Share : Profit
Income : Salary
56. Sunrise : Sunset ::
Morning : Night
Dawn : Twilight
Energetic : Lazy .
57. River: Ocean::
Child : School
Book : Library
Cloth : Body
58. Patient: Client::
Client : Illness
Patient : Medicine
Medicine : Fee
Doctor : Lawyer
59. Room: House::
Cabin : Ship
Wheel : Chair
Refrigerator : Kitchen
60. Border : Country ::
Book : cover
Handle : Shade
Directions: Choose the word which is least like other words in a group
Directions: For each question, find the best answer
71. If SELDOM is coded as MODELS, then HELPER is written as
72. if 6164 stands for FADE and 9451 stands for IDEA, what does 8978 stand for?
73. If BAD is coded as YZW and FIGHT is coded as URTSG, then HIGH will coded as
74. If 2x 3 = 812 and 4 « 5 = 1620 then 6 x 7
75. if LN NP QS DF stands for MORE, then.SU QS TV SU Gi Stand for
76. Where is the headquarter of the World Bank?
77. Highest speed of wind could be expected in case of
78. The longest river in the world is.
79. Which of the following airlines does not have regular passenger flights to Kathmandu?
80. Thailand is Baht as Indonesia is to
81. On 20th August 2015, which of the following players regained the first rank in the world badminton rankings?
82. Entomology is the science that studies.
he formation of rocks
83. A website main page is called as
84. Fathometer is used to measure.
85. Data that is copied from application is stored in the
86. Which among the following is the most common source of viruses to the hard disk of your computer?
87. Bulls and bears are the terms associated with
88. Which is the largest bilateral donor to Nepal?
89. Tikapur is on the banks of river.
90. Which of the following is not a public sector undertaking?
Rasiriya Beema Snansthan
Nepai Gas Udyog
91. Filaria is caused by
92. Which of the following is not a Himalayan river?
93. Seismology refers to
94. Which one is the largest city in terms of population?
95. Silver fish is
A terms used in politics
A fish made of silver
96. The national anthem of Nepal was written by
97. Which of the following nation is not categorized as a test playing national in cricket?
98. Which of the following place is not on the direct bus route from Bharatpur to Janakpur?
99. The-famous Swargadwari Temple is situated in
100. QUANTAS airlines belongs to