CMAT Entrance 2016
Direction: In the following questions, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the capitalized word.
Directions: Select the word which , is closest to the opposite in meaning of the word in capital letters.
Directions: Select the proper preposition to fill in the blanks in the following questions
11. My best friend, Ramesh, is named his great-grandfather.
12. He is never late. He always comes times
13. Lalita was stopped by the police for driving .................55mph.
14. Go ...........these stairs until you reach the top floor.
15. Jagadish always listens to music ............ the way to work.
Directions: The following paragraph has a number of blanks marked 16, 17, 18, etc. followed by a set of options. Mark the options that best complete the blanks.
16. Extreme old. age when a man behaves like a fool.
17. That which cannot be seen
18. To accustom oneself to a foreign climate
19. One who knows everything
20. Detailed plan of journey
Directions: The passage given below is followed by questions based on its contents. After reading the passage, choose the best answer to each questions.
Speech is great blessing but it can also be great curse, for while it helps us to make our intentions and desires known to our fellows, it can also if we use it carelessly, make our attitude completely misunderstood. A slip of the tongue, the use of unusual word; or of an ambiguous word, or of an ambiguous, word, and so on, may create an enemy where we had hoped to win a friend. Again, different classes of people use different vocabularies, and the ordinary speech of an educated may strike an uneducated listener as pompous. Unwittingly, we may use a word which bears a different meaning to our listener from what it does to men of our own class. Thus speech is not a gift to use lightly without thought, but one which demands careful handling. Only a foo! will express himself alike to all kinds and conditions to men.
21. The best way to win a friend is to avoid
Irony in speech
Pomposity in speech
Verbosity in speech
Ambiguity in speech
22. While talking to an uneducated person, we should use
23. If one used the same style of language with everyone, one would sound
24. A ‘slip of the tongue’ means something said .
Wrongly by choice
Without giving proper thought
To hurt another person
25. Speech can be curse, because it can
Lead to carelessness
Reveal our intentions
Directions: Find the best answers for the questions given below.
26. A sum lent out at 12% per annum compound interest for two years amounts to Rs. 15,660. The sum lent is
27. The interest rate that doubles a sum in 10 years is
28. A sum of Rs. 1000 in 2 years on the compound interest of 5% per annum. The % rate of interest is”
29. Ramesh invested a sum of money at simple interest at a certain rate of interest for three years. Had it been invested at a 4% higher rate, it would have fetched Rs. 480 more. Find out the principal amount that was invested by Ramesh?
30. A salary of an officer being increased by 10% every year becomes Rs 48400 in the third year. What was his original salary?
31. When Usha was thrice as old as Nisha, her sister Asha was 25. When Nish was haif as old as Asha, then sister Usha was 34. Their ages add to 100. How old is Usha?
32. The average age of a family of five members is 24 years. If the present age of the youngest member is 8 years, what was the average age of the family at the time of the birth of the youagest member?
33. The average of 10 numbers is calculated. as 15. it is discovered later on that while calculating the average one number, namely 36 was wrongly read as 26. The correct average is. .
34. Paras Khadka takes 5 wickets for 26 run in the final match due to which his bowling average improves by 2. His old bowling average was 14. Find the total number of wickets after the final match.
35. The average mark of a class in a science test is 75. Geeta was the topper with 96 marks. If her mark "was wrongly entered as 69, the average of the class decreases by 1. Find the number of students in the class?
36. Arun obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out in 100) in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and physics, What is his average mark?
37. In an examination, A student's average marks were 63. If he had obtained 20 more marks for his geography and 2 more marks for his history, his average would have been 65. How many subjects were there in the examination?
38. The average of six numbers is x and the average of three of these is y. If the average of the remaining three is z, then
2x = y + z
x = y + z
x = 2y + 2z
None of these
39. In an election between two candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes, 20% of the votes were invalid. If the total number of votes was 7500, What was the number of valid votes that the other candidate got?
40. The population of a town increased from 1,75,000 to 2,62,500 in a decade. What is the average percent increase of population per year?
41. What is the 0.5% of 100,000?
42. If a sum of money is divided equally among n children, each child will receive Rs 60. If another child is added to the group, then when the sum is divided equally among all children, each child will receive an Rs 50 share. What is the sum of money?
43. A vendor bought bananas at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he seil to gain 20%?
44. If there are 5 routes for traveling between two places A and B, how many option are there for a person to travel form A to B and return back?
45. If 5a = 3b = 25, then 30ab = 7
Directions: (Question 46 to - Question 50) Find the odd one out.
46. 1,3,9, 12, 19, 29
47. 18, 27, 64, 125, 196, 216, 343
48. 3,5,11, 14, 17, 21
49. 1,4,9, 16, 23, 25, 36
50. 24, 36, 52,72, 96
Directions: Select the pair of words that best express the relationship similar to that expressed in the pair in bold letters.
51. Paddy: Field
Steel : Factory
Wheat : Fertiliser
Wagon : Mine
Village : Farmet
52. Dhangadi : Kailali
Kathmandu : Nepal .
Butwal : Bhairahawa
Bharatpur : Ratnanagar
53. Platform : Train ::
Aeroplane : Aerodrome
Quay : Ship
Footpath : Traveller
54. Ink : Paper»:
Chilk : Blackboard
Speak : Sing
55. Always : Never ::
Occasionally : Repeatedly
Often : Rarely
Humid : Hot Oe
56. Sugar: Sweet ::
57. Track : Train:
Radiation : Bomb
Road : Car
58. Kaski : Pokhara ::
Kathmandu : Nepal
Butwal : Bhairahawa
Jhapa : Bhadrapur
Biratnagar : itahari
59. Rent: Land ::
Wages : Bonuses
Interest : Capital
Share : Profit
Income : Salary
60. Monday: Tuesday ::
January : February :
Working day : Holiday
Winter : Summer
Directions: Choose the word which is least like other words in a group.
Directions: For each question, find the best answer.
71. Which of the following will appear third in the English dictionary?
72. If 6145 stands for FADE and 9451 Stands for IDEA, What does 8978 stand for?
73. If LN NP QS DF stands for MORE, then SU QS TV SU GI stands for
74. If BAD is coded as YZW and FIGHT is coded as URTSG, then HIGH will be coded as
75. If 2x3= 812 and 4 x 5 = 1620 Then 6x 7= ?
Directions: In each of the following questions, select the best answer choice.
76. Where is the tallest bridge of Nepal?
77. Which of the following is Nepal's largest trading partner?
78. Who developed the Principles of Bureaucracy?
79. Chameliya Hydropower project is located in:
80. Who does the Nepal Rastra Bank submit its annual report to
Prime Minister of Nepal
Parliament of Nepal
Ministry of Finance
Auditor General of Nepal
81. Which is the South Asian nation that has prohibited the sale of cigarette in its territory?
82. Which of the following airlines does not have regular passenger flights to Kathmandu?
83. How many permanent members are there in the Security Council of UN?
84. Olympic games are held in every.........years
85. What is the term to ask the computer to put information in order numerically or alphabetically?
86. Which of the following is not a public sector undertaking?
Rastriya Beema Sansthan
87. Which of the following is a military alliance?
88. Which of the following place is not on the direct bus route from Bharatpur to Kohalpur?
89. The term "clean sweep" is associated with
90. Which of the following is not a part of the Internet?
91. How many bits is a byte?
92. To which country does the present UN Secretary—General belongs?
93. Sun rays yield vitamin
94. The longest river in the world is.
95. Where is the Hindukush Mountain range located?
96. The famous Manakamana Temple is situated in
97. The place where bankers meet and settle their mutual claims and accounts is known as
98. Which country will host the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Summit in 2016
99. The world's longest and highest glass-bottomed bridge opened to which of the following countries?
100. Hanif Mohammad, who passed away recently, was well-known cricketer of which country?