CSIT Entrance 2069
If f(x) = then f(2) is
2. If |x| = 2 then the solution set is
3. If A,B and C are non-empty set and A ⊂ B the A ∩ B is
4. The smallest prime memeber is
5. The curve y2 - 4x is symmetric about
6. The value of x for
7. The matrix A = is
The value of is
The value of (1-ω)(1-ω2, where ω is the cube root of a complex number is
10. The magnitude of 2 - i is
11. 1 and 2 are the root of
x2 - 3x + 2 = 0
x2 + 3x + 2 = 0
x2 + x + 2
x2 + 3x + 1 = 0
The value of tan(tan-1 1) is
13. The solutions of cosx = 1/2 is
2nπ ± π/3
2nπ + π/3
14. The length of the perpendicular from of (0,0) to the line x + y + 1 = 0 is
15. The angle between the line 2x2 + xy - 2y2 = 0 is
16. Center of the circle x2 + y2 = 10 at (2,3) is
17. Equation of tangent to the circle x2 + y2 = 10 at (2,3) is
x + y = 10
x + 2y = 10
2x + 3y = 10
2x + y = 10
is equal to
the function and is continuous at
x = 0
x = 2
x = -2
x = 1
21. If the derivative of x2 + 3x is 1, then the value of x is
22. If x = 2t + 1 and y = t2, then dy/dt is
The points of inflection for the curve x2 + 4x is
24. is equal to
is equal to
26 ............ his project was not completed, he was given permission to leave
in spite of
27. Rajendra is ............ hard working and friendly.
as well as
28. More than one hundred people ......... to the meeting
29. Mr. Thakuri speaks both Nepali ........... Maithili very perfectly
As well as
30. Reading, observing, teaching and ........... are good ways to gain knowledge.
31. The river narayani flow through ......... Narayanghat.
32. In recent years people have been more converned .......... quality of drinking water.
33. She was killed ........... a robber .......... a gun
by , for
by , with
in , for
with , for
34. A well experienced person is .........
35. The doubt ....... gita will come.
they walk very fast. The underline work is ................
48. The passive of they heard me sing a song
i was heard to sing a song
I Was heard sing a song
I was heard singing a song
i was heard to sing a song by them
50. The indirect of : He said, "Congratulation".
He said that congratulations
He congratulated me
He Congratulated that I passed
He said that i deserved congratulations
53. The duration in which the displacement becomes half the amplitude in the case of simple harmonic motion if its period is 12 second is.
52. The train of length 600m is travelling with a velocity of 64km/hr. The time taken by the train to cross clearly a bridge of 1km will be
53. Which of the following pairs of physical quantities has the same dimension?
Work and Power
Energy and Power
Work and Energy
Angular Momentum and Linear momentum
54. A body of mass 1 kg is rotated in a horizontal crcle of radius 50cm. If F and V represent the centripetal force and the contant speed respectively, which one of the following expressions may be correct?
55. The root mean square (rms) speed of hydrogen molecule at STP is 2km per second. The rms speed of oxygen molecule at 810°C is
0.5 km s-1
4 km s-1
56. Bolometer measures the
coefficient of thermal conductivity
57. A temperature of 14°F is equivalent to
1.5 ° C
58. A myopic eye cannot see object beyond 1.5m. What power of lens will be required to correct this defect of vision?
59. The critical angel of glass water interface is
60. A Diffraction granting has 5000 lines per cm. The maximum order visible with the radiation of wavelength 600 nm in diffraction experiment.
61. Light travels through a glass of thickness t and refractive index n. If C is the velocity of light in vacuum, the time taken by light to travel this thickness is
62. Two charges of 2μC and 4μC are 1m apart. The electric field intensity is zero at a point between the charges. This point is approzimately at a a distance.
50 cm from 2μC charge
59 cm from 2μC charge
41 cm from 2μC charge
66 cm from 2μC charge
6. An open organ pipe can produce
only odd harmonics
only even harmonics
both odd and even harmonics
depends upon the length of pipe
64. Watt per ampere is the unit of
electric field intensity
65. Two wires A and B of equal radii are drawn from the same material. Their lengths are 1m and 2m respectively. The resistivity of A is.
less than that of B
equal to that of B
more than that of B
depends upon the amount of current flowing in wires
66. When a capacitor is added in series in an LCR circuit, the impedance of the circuit
increases or decreases depending upon the frequency of a.c
67. A cell of emf X if connected across a resist of R. The potentional difference across the wire is measured as Y. The internal resistance of the cell should be
X - (Y/R)
68. The ratio of wavelength of the first line of lyman series to the lime balmer series is
69. If work function of a metal is 3.3eV, the threshold frequency in photoelectric effect will be
1 × 1015 Hz
8 × 1014 Hz
4 × 1016 Hz
6 × 1017 Hz
70. A radioactive material of half life 5 days has its initial mass of 1 kg. the amount decayed after 20 days will be
71. A charged particle is undergoing a circular motion in a uniform magnetic field. The time period is independent of
72. Velocity of sound in a glass is 330 ms-1 at STP. Its value at 300k was nearly be
71. Time of flight T of a projectile is related to the horizontal range R by and equation gT2 - 2R. The angle of projection (in degrees) is
74. An electron in a field of 1 NC-1 will have an approximate acceleration.
1.7 x 1011 ms-2
1 x 106 ms-2
1 x 1012 ms-2
1 x 107 ms-2
75. A bullet get heated if stopped by a target. If its velocity is doubled the rise in temperature of the bullet will be
76. Paraffin's are also called
77. A green color formed in Lassaigne's test if nitrogen is present in an organic compound. This green color is due to formation of
78. Al4C3 reacts with water to give
79. Aniline on warming with Benz aldehyde
80. Which of the following compounds is used as the best anti-knocking agent
81. Chloroform react with concentrated HNO3 on heating and yields
82. Which of the following reagents is used to detect the aldehyde group
83. Terylene is a
84. The formula of Zinc blende is
85. The oxidation state of iron in Mohr's salt is
86. Which of the following oxides is acidic?
87. The structure of ammonia molecule is
88. Orthophosphoric acid is
89. The formula of Epsom salt is
Ostwald's process is used for the manufacture of
91. Among the following elements, the one having highest electron affinity is
92. 44 gm of CO2 is equal to
6.023 x 1023 no of CO2 molecule
6.023 x 1021 no of CO2 molecule
6.023 x 1019 no of CO2molecule
6.023 x 1018 no of CO2 molecule
93. Equivalent weight of potassium dichromate in acidic medium is equal to
94. The weight of sodium carbonate required to prepare 100 mL of dicinormal sodium carbonate solution is
Which of the following is the unit of surface tension?
96. Electrons will distribute themselves in degenerate orbitals so as to retain parallel spin as much as possible. This is called
Paul's exclusion principle
97. The actual electronic configuration of copper is
98. If the pH of a solution is 5.2, the hydrogen ion concentration of the solution is
6.3 x 10-5M
6.3 x 10 -6M
6.3 x 10-7M
6.3 x 10-4M
99. The unit of rate of constant for first order reaction is.
100. The enthalpy of formation of the compound is
can be positive or negative