CSIT Entrance 2070
1. If A and B are any two sets, then A-(A-B) is equal to A
B - A
A ^ B
A ∪ B
2. The range of the functio y = is equal to
3. what is the value of
4. If A = , then A100 is equal to
5. If ax = by = cz and a,b,c are in G.P then x,y,z are in
6. is equal to
7. The derivative of y = 5x with respect to x is equal to
8. The function f(x) = x - 1 / x2, x ∈ R, x ≠ 0 is
(-∞,0) ∪ (0,∞)
9. The integral is equal to
10. For what value of k will the equation 5x2 - kx + 45 = 0 have equal roots?
11. The quadratic equation whose one root is
x2+4x+1 = 0
x2-4x + 1 = 0
x2 - 4x - 1 = 0
-x2 - 4x - 1 = 0
12. The distance between the parallel lines y - 2x = 4 and 6x - y = 5 is
13. Radius of the circle is
14. The absolute value of the complex number (1+i)-1 is
15. If z = cosθ + isinθ then zn + 1 / z n is equal to
16. The nth term of the series: 2 + 4 + 6 + 12 + 20 + ..... is
17. If |x| < 1 and y=x + x2 + x4 + ....... + ∞ , then x is equal to
18. If a = 2, b = and A = 65° , then c is equal to
19. 3cos-1x is equal to
3x3 - 4x
20. Solution of tanax- cotbx is
21. What is the value of , Where ω is an imaginary cube of unity.
22. The single equation representing the pairs of lines y = x and y = -x is
y2 - x2 = 0
y - x = 0
x - y = 0
x2 - y2 = 0
23. Let A = [-3,2] and B = [-2,3] then A - B is equal to
24. If then f(x) is said to be an
25. Which one of the following is the area enclosed by curve y = 3x, the x-axis and the ordinate x = 0, x = 4?
26. Inscription on a tomb is called _________
27. After he finished the exam, he ............ to the teacher.
Handed over it
handed it over
handed it out
handed out it
28. Every week she ............. her sister in her village to talk to her.
29. He has a coat .................. five pockets.
30.To hit below the belt means:
to use force
to use unfair means
to use energy
to use leather
31. I disapprove ........his cheating on the exam.
32.The lights were............... because the room was bright.
33. Which of the following is a noun?
34. Which of the underlined word is an adjective?
Swimming is good for health.
Students are walking on the lawn.
Many people like smoking.
She is taking knitting classes.
35. Which of the following is an active voice?
This work will be finished.
The suspect was seen.
I know him.
The letter was posted.
36. The memorandum ..............approved
37. Which of the following takes a singular verb?
38. Neither her nor they..........going to the college.
39. Which expression is incorrect?
A pile of books
A-herd of cattle
A herd of sheep
A pack. of wolve
40. They daren’t go............?
41.l am hungry and ..................
She is too
they are so
So aren’t they
they are too
42. 'Which-word has the stress on the first syllable?
43. How many syllables does the word ‘economical’ have?
44.The pair.......has the same pronunciation.
45. The word ‘they’ has the same initial consonant bound as the word.......... a
46. A professional horse rider is called
47. Give the opposite meaning of "appropriate"
48. Select the right synonym to the word ‘sporadic’. -
49. Which of the following is incorrect punctuated?
The teacher said, "Honesty is the best policy”.
He said to me, "When did she come to the party"?
The man received a gift, the women, a book.
The man, whom he met, had excellent speech skills
50. The word “father” takes the suffix:
51. The dimensional formula for potential difference is
52. A stone is thrown vertically upward with a speed u from the top of a tower reaches the ground with a speed of 3u. The height of the tower iS...............
53. The acceleration of a particle in SHM is ..........
Maximum at extreme position
Maximum at the equilibrium position
54. An iron ball is heated. The percentage increase will be largest in .............
55. Two wires A and B are of the same material. Their lengths are in the ratio of 1:2 and diameters are in the ratio of 2:1. If they are pulled by the same force, their increase in length will be in the ratio.
56. Water is flowing through a tube of the non-uniform cross-section. If the radius of the tube at the entrance and the exit is 3:2, then the ratio of the velocity of liquid entering and leaving the tube is:
57. The thermodynamic process in which the pressure of the system remains constant is called...............
58. 50g of ice at -6°C is dropped into the water at 0°C. how many grams of water freeze? Sp. Heat capacity of ice=2000JKg-1C-1.
59. The image of an object placed at the focus of a concave mirror is at
60. The temperature of source and sink of carnot engine are 400k and 300k respectively. What is it's efficiency?
61. The refractive index of air with respect to glass is 2/3. The refractive index of diamond with respect to air is 12/5. Then the refractive index of glass with respect to diamond will be.
62. The focal length of a double conves lens for which radius of curvature of each surface is R will be ....( µ = 1.5)
63. Light of wave length 7200 Å in air has wave length in glass equal to ......... (given Refractive index of glass with respect to air = 1.5)
64. Three capacitor of capacitance 3µF, 9µF and 18µF are connected first in series and then I parallel. the ratio of C equivalent capacitance in two cases (CI/CP) will be
65. Three equal registers each of resistance 'r' are connected to form a triangle. The equivalent resistance across any two comes of the triangle is.....
66. The resistance of two lamp are in ratio of 1:2. Their wattage will be in the ratio of
67. The energy stored in 50mH inductor carrying a current of 4A is .......
68. The alternating current in an LCR circuit is maximum when
XL = 0
XC = 0
XL = XC
69. A particle of mass 10-31 kg is moving with a speed of 105m/s. The De-Broglie wavelength of the particle is ......
6.63 x 10-8 m
6.63 x 10-7m
70. Two waves of the same wavelength and amplitude interfere to give a minimum when their phase difference is
71. Hard X-rays are compared to soft X-rays have
72. The mass of α-particle is
Equal to the mass of four protons
Equal to the mass of four neutrons
Equal to the masses of 2 protons and 2 neutrons
Less than the sum of masses of 2 protons and 2 neutrons
73. A common emitter transistor amplifier has a current fain of 50. If the load resistance is 4 kΩ and the input resistance is 500 Ω. The voltage gain on the amplifier is .......
74. A tube closed at one end has a resonating length 1 meter. The air column in the pipe can resonate for sound of frequency ..... (V = 320ms-1)
75. A displacement wave is represented by y = 0.025 sin(5006 - 0.0025x), where y,t and x are in cm, second and meter respectively. The wave length of wave is .......
40 π m
60 π m
80 π m
76. The gas obtained by adding water on aluminum carbide is
77. The mixture of HCL and ZnCl2 is known as
78. The IUPAC name of n-valeric acid is
79. A blood red coloration of ferric sulphocyanide obtained by addition of ferric chloride in sodium extract confirms the presence of
Both A and B
80. Which of the following compounds has highest boiling point?
81. The compound that undergoes Cannizzaro reaction is
82. Benzene is converted to toluene by
Friedel Craft Reaction
83. The compound that gives positive carbylamines reaction is
84. Hematite is an ore of
85. Na2O is a
86. Which of the following element has highest electro-negativity?
87. Zinc Sulphate (ZnSO4.7H20) is also called
88. Brass is an alloy of
Copper and Zinc
Copper and nickel
Copper and tin
Copper and lead
89. The formula of dolomite is
90. The general Electronic configuration of zinc is
91. Equivalent weight of KMnO4 in neutral medium is
92. Bohr's model was modified by
93. How many oxygen atoms are there in 8.0g of oxygen atoms
3.011 x 1023 atoms
3.011 x 1022 atoms
3.011 x 1020 atoms
3.011 x 1019 atoms
94. What is the pH of 0.001 M HCL
95. The rate of reaction is independent of
Particle size of reactant
96. The CGS unit of specific conductance is
97. Hess's Law deals with
Total change in heat of reaction
Rate of reaction
Equilibrium constant of reaction
Influence on pressure of volume of gas
98. The degree of dissociation of an electrolyte
Decreases with dilution
Increases with dilution
May increase or decrease with dilution
Is not affected by dilution
99. The weight of 100 ml of NH3 gas at NTP
100. The law of multiple proportions was given by